From clothing stores to butchers and sports halls there are a broad range of needs that a leisure and retail flooring solution needs to address across the wide variety of leisure and retail operators.
Whether it is an out of town shopping centre, a retail store, a sports stadium, a hotel, a restaurant or any other leisure or retail premises, they need to meet the highest standards when it comes to cleanliness and hygiene. The footfall also needs to be taken into consideration when choosing a leisure and retail flooring solution due to the impact from customers on the floor and the potential for repairs in the future if the correct solution isn’t chosen.
In addition to the technical and regulatory requirements of a flooring solution it is imperative that the floor represents the brand or service using high-end finishes and colours. Corporate and brand logos can be incorporated into the flooring designs for a real wow factor.
- Hygiene – a key consideration in every location and a core part of the floor design to enable ease of maintenance.
- Fire Resistance – appropriate certification should be provided for flooring solutions as and when required.
- Slip Resistance – This is dependent on the environment and the use i.e. is the floor under wet or dry conditions? What type of traffic uses the floor i.e. Vehicles or people? Cleaning capabilities need to be balanced with safety.
- Abrasion Resistance – with heavy footfall and traffic in public areas a flooring system needs to be able to stand up to abrasion
- Waterproofing – Waterproofing qualities are important for outside public spaces
- Drainage – standing water is an accident hazard for both pedestrians and vehicles
- Colours and Logos – Does the flooring solution allow for the delivery of a brand congruent flooring with a range of colours and finishes to compliment the visual identity of the organisation
To choose the right Surface System for your Leisure & Retail needs just contact us at Surface Systems and one of our trained technical team will discuss your requirements and arrange a site visit in order to provide you with a quote for an appropriate Surface System.